Cupping is a simple suction technique that has been used by various cultures all over the world for thousands of years.
History & Training
During the Beijing Olympics, numerous news stories covered the use of cupping amongst elite athletes (Michael Phelps!).
The fundamental therapeutic value of cupping has been documented through several thousand years of clinical and subjective experience and has advanced its application to many areas.
How does it work?
The vacuum action of cupping rapidly facilitates the release of rigid soft tissues, it loosens and lifts connective tissues, it breaks up and drains stagnation, and it increases blood and lymph flow to skin, muscles, and connective tissues.
What does it treat?
Great for chronic pain! However cupping is very effective for airborne allergies, cold and flu, chronic and acute bronchitis, and difficulties with breastfeeding. Cupping is also a powerful anti-aging technique.
What types of Cupping do you offer?
We offer many different types of cupping and will recommend which one depending on the patients symptoms and condition.
- Clinical Cupping using plastic disposable cups (excellent for muscular issues, tension, tight muscles, etc)
- Fire Cupping using glass cups (excellent for lung conditions, coughs asthma, etc)
- Wet Cupping / Hijama – not for first timers, however we are trained in this technique
- Automatic Cupping! (we are one of the few clinics in the COUNTRY offering this brand new technique from S. Korea!)
- (Excellent for muscle tension, pain & tightness)
Although cupping is a simple technique, it should only be done by an expert practitioner.
Although some massage therapists, chiropractors, or estheticians offer cupping therapy, they generally lack the in-depth training and experience that is required to apply cupping therapy safely and effectively.
At best, cupping therapy performed by an untrained practitioner will be ineffective.
At worst, it can cause burns, blisters, or scar tissue that result in further pain as opposed to providing the relief you are seeking.
I have the extensive training and experience, as well as specialized equipment, that is required to perform cupping safely and effectively.